THE INCOMPLETE STORY

It was the night of the new year in Pokhara. The moon was shining brightest that night. The breeze was coming from a distance and touching the soul.

I was sitting by the lakeside with that cool breeze coming my way and the moon in front talking to me about the beautiful night. I was hearing people speaking around me of my ages. The young girl speaking just behind me must be around 17-18 years, and the guy must be about 22-23 years old. He was there with a friend of his, and she was with a friend of her. Their friends were a couple, and they both were single as per mine knowledge. I was listening to them very clearly, and their conversation was so silly, yet it was beautiful. That might be because of their honesty with each other, or the weather which still had drops of rain in the space, the cool breeze and the moon in front.

Their conversation was fascinating to listen. She asked, "Jerry lai English ma k vanxa?" He had no clue, but he decided to answer her. He told, "Jerry lai English ma Anmol KC vanxa." I laughed silently. He played smart and asked something to her quickly. He asked, "computer lai Nepali ma k vanxa?" And now she had no clue. I had answer tho, "susankhe." She couldn't answer, and he dared her to go down by the water where the boats were and come back. 

She sprinted down there and started playing with water. She saw the boats and sat in one of them. I was up there watching her. She shouted, " I...LOVE...YOU...." I thought that she will mention a particular name there. I saw her a broken heart. Her voice told she wasn't fine inside. She might have been someone broken. After that, she stayed silent for at least 5-8 seconds. She couldn't name anyone, and finally, she ended saying, "POKHARA." 

She was pure love. She is the one any guy will love having and give the best love ever. The girl from the dreams, I witnessed her too. 

The boy ran down to her and asked to go back. She kept him there, and he sat in the boat with her. They were smiling, talking while the moon, the cold water and I were happily witnessing that little happy moment of theirs. 

They came back after a while, as their friends called them up. I wished they should have stayed there more. There is always so much to know about a person before committing to them, but there is just the feeling of moments and happiness that's around that hints you about your love. They should have stayed longer there. 

I never saw him neither her. But I felt so much good being them around. I wish they will have a great story to remember how they met. I walked forward after watching them for almost one and half hour. The time was 2:22am, and the story is incomplete. "

- Arun Katuwal

Comments