HAPPY BIRTHDAY ASMITA ❤️

December 17, 2017

She was in between the girls, probably in the second rows from the front. The class was silent and afraid. I just had complained about them to my teacher for teasing me.

Then I saw her, just a glance. I didn't know her. Yes, that's you Asmita. 

That was grade 8 when we became schoolmates. But I never talked to you. Probably, we had some indirect interactions but there was no friendship. And to be honest, I didn't like you.

But I also remember we used to chat and talk online, later on, that year. Once you even tried to prank me by texting you were around my home. Who believed?

You left school next year. Haha, no changes in my life. Next two years, couples of texts on Facebook and nothing more. I used to talk about you more with Sachin Dangi, which he was interested in sharing.

One day suddenly in Kathmandu,

*shouts "arunnn....."

I turned and saw you. I was with Swastika De. I told her, "see, that is Asmita Karki."

That was the turning point of our friendship, I think. It was at Darahara where we had met. You suggested a few collages and one was obviously the one we became part of. We joined the Liverpool International College.

A few weeks later, we also went to a movie. That was fun, right?

Coming here, I had never thought I would be such a close friend to you. You are special, Asmita. What happened when we were in college is we had time to talk, share our thoughts, and create a special bond of sister and brother. It was easy to share gossips with you. We bitched about others and wished good of others as well. Those lunch breaks are still memorable. I hope they come back to us. We also traveled a few places together, and I felt you are a great explorer of useful ways. Places we visited added to albums of our friendship. We tied rakhi, and it was such a happy moment for me. I saw different happiness in you as well.

Two glorious years of being in the same college completed but it ended giving me a few good friends, but most importantly I got a great friend and loving sister. I would be honest and its a fact that in my entire life I had ups and down with my every best friend but Asmita, you are the only one with whom I never had a big fight, and we are not talking days. Proud of you. I hope our bond grows more. 

You were some stranger a few years back and now, you're one of the most beloved friends of mine.

As a friend, I admire you. I always feel happy while talking to you. I also feel jealous of you considering how can someone be so happy all the time. But when I am your brother, I feel proud of the same thing. Plus, I get inspired by you to keep myself and others around me happy.

"I feel you are so special. You are one of those who cares about everyone and tries to be everyone's buddy. You try to keep everyone happy and smiling. Personally, I find you so close to my heart. Whenever I get confused, I don't even have second thoughts, and I consult you. I always say, with so many sisters, Asmita, she is the closest to me. I can be free to her, act crazy, and ask for any sort of suggestion in life."

With all my heart!

December 17, 2018


That day again when everyone is expected to say good about you. But I would say it's another day once in a year where I can share my love and truth about you.

Happy birthday Asmita Karki ♥️

May you smile forever and ever. You always are in my heart. I always say that I feel blessed to have you as a friend. You are such a beautiful and lovable soul.

This year too we had some memorable memories. But I have one fav moment. I remember you saying someone that I TRUST HIM FOR LIFE. It is so heartwarming that someone has kept you in their life with so much love and trust.

Not because you're my sister or my friend, but if you were some random friend, I would even have said that you are the most hard-working, caring, honest and beautiful person.

I wish you more memories together and more achievements in your life. Stay happy ♥️ Cheers ♥️

p.s. you're not so heavy 😊

December 18, 2019


This is not just yet another day for sure, because the day of your birth is indeed very special.

You are the one, closest to my heart, and whenever I get a chance to associate my name with yours - as my sister or my friend - I truly feel so fortunate about it.

Maybe our work and studies have kept us far most of the time, even in this small city. But I am always trustful of the fact that no distance can apart our equation and love for each other.

On your birthday, today, my wishes might not have reached you in the first place but let me ensure you that, even in my silence, I am always wishing well for you.

Enjoy your day and you know how to; keep smiling not just today but wakeup with a smile every morning & accomplish your dreams in this yet new year of yours.

Happy Birthday Badarni ❤️

Arun :)

Comments